Qu3pid's Notes...

For Everything Relevant

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Popular Posts

Spot Light Athlete O.T.W Bianca Knight
Do Black Greeks Let Their Letters Change Them?
The Real Reason Hoes Be Wining

"NEW LOOK"

NEW STUFF

Blog Archive

You Might Like

Welcome Home AI

Allen Iverson Comes Back To A Standing Ovation Before Game 6 Of The 76ers vs. Heat Game ...

Who's The Next Michael Jordan

Many Have Tried To Fill The Shoes Of The Great "MJ" But Who Is Really Closer Than You Think...

Basketball Wives

Basketball Wives continues to explore the drama, intrigue, and delicate relationships found among a unique cross section of women bound by one fact

Spot Light Artist O.T.W- J Rome

Our Spotlight Artist is upcoming artist J Rome. J Rome brings me back to a time when there was no sound like the sweet sound of soul ...

SLAUGHTERHOUE

There’s been a debate lately overwhich group is better, Young Money or Slaughterhouse

All Access Interview with Spotlight Athlete of the Week, World Championship medalist: Bianca Knight. 



       

Name: Bianca Knight
Origin: Pearl, MS
College Attended: University of Texas
Interesting Fact: First Mississippian to win Gatorade Athlete of the Year (Among many accolades)


1. When did you fall in love with track ?
When I was 12 years old. That was the first year I decided to join a summer track club & that same year I made it to the Junior Olympics in Sacramento, CA where I placed 2nd in the 200,400 & 3rd in the 100. So after that, I fell in love with my talent.




2. So after a successful 2011 campaign what are your expectations for this 2012 upcoming season ?

2011 was a bittersweet year for me. I missed the 200 by one spot .07 seconds, and it was heartbreaking. But, I ended up being first leg on a gold medal relay in Daegu so I still went to worlds & came back with a medal. So this year my focus is to be better than last year. I'm training harder & I'm more focused than ever. My sights are set on London, England.



3.We can assume a lot of male athletes Have groupies do female athletes get groupies? What's your craziest groupie story?

Haha! Well I really don't think I have groupies... Just very supportive fans. The most I experience is watching people strategize on how they are going to approach me when they want to take a picture with me or have me sign something, haha. Its quite hilarious to hear people talk about you right behind you like you can't hear them haha. All positive stuff though!

4. When did you realize you just weren't the average track athlete anymore?

I realized I wasn't average when I dedicated my entire summer every year from age 12-18 to track. I didn't go out, I didn't have many friends, I just stayed to myself & consumed myself with track. To have that kind of dedication at a young age separates you from average athletes and I believe that is why I am where I am today.


5. So what's a day like in the shoes of Bianca Knight ?
My life is simple: Breakfast, weights, followed by training, lunch; which leads to a coma-like nap...dinner, then I get up & do it all over again the following day.

6.
What's something you love to do when your not running?
Tweet. Haha. I actually don't have any hobbies. I edit videos here & there, take pictures of things when I'm in a picture taking mood, and I watch a lot of movies. I'm so beat from traveling & working out, I don't save room to engage into other activities.

7. How does it feel being a gold medal winner From last summer in Daegu, South Korea?
It feels great. To be associated with the first team to successfully make it around the track after our relays have been having so much trouble the past couple of years is big. And it was a GOLD medal, so I mean, I'm honored. It was a great experience & I wouldn't trade it for the world.




8.
Where's the gold medal at now? I'm sure it's some where safe guarded by 20 pitbull dogs and 4 snipers?


Haha! Close, but no cigar. It's in a safe deposit box for safe keepings! Don't want anyone trying to come up in the game on my behalf lol.

 









9. How has indoor been going for you so far?
 Indoors is going well so far. I've been competing well and I'll be going to indoor nationals in Albuquerque at the end of the month, so I'm happy with it. I initially had no aspirations of competing to make the indoor world team, but since things are going well, why not?

10. H
ow are you preparing for the Olympic trials and what events will we see you competing in? 
I'm crossing all of my T's & dotting all of my I's. I'm making sure I do everything I need to do to put myself in position to finish top three at the Olympic trials. Right now, I only plan on competing in the 200, but if I can put a couple of good 100's together I may double. I haven't decided.


Of course you want to know where you can find her right? You can reach her on twitter: @Midknightdreams

Leave a Reply